May 19, 2011

{ Girl's Weekend Recipe #2 }

She has such great style.
And, since I'm going to share another recipe today, I thought I'd show you her pretty kitchen.
Beautiful, right?
I wouldn't mind cooking in here.
Now, for the recipe...

Whole Wheat Waffles

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 T sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
1/3 cups melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat waffle iron. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk & butter. Mix together the wet & dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy...that's okay.

Makes 3 1/2 round Belgian-style (deep pocket) 7" waffles

My family loved this one too!
They don't get crispy, but they have a good flavor.

No comments: