January 26, 2010

{ Lots of Rain = Lots of Crafting }

With all the rain going on here, it's been fun to stay inside {remember, I melt} & get to my "I want to try & make that" list. I've been wanting to make hair things for my girls so, I tried making these fluttery fabric flowers first {try saying that 5 times fast}.
I didn't want to spend any money so, I just used whatever I had in my stash of fabric & craft supplies. I found the directions for the flowers above here.

These felt flowers are way cute. I only made one, though. You can find the directions here.

And then, I've been dying to try the cute little felt clips that I've seen out there. I tried to think of things my girls would like & started sketching pictures.

I came up with 4 for Boo...Shamu {her favorite}, a sun {she's a Sunbeam now}, a "K" for her name & a self portrait.

Here's Boo with herself in her hair. That sounds so weird, but she thinks it cool.

And just so you know what a nerd I am, I made 2 Star Wars themed one's for me...

Yoda & Princess Leia. And, no, I didn't make them into clips for my hair. They are pushpins. :)

I got the idea when I googled Star Wars coloring pages for my kids a while ago. I am so nerdy!

9 comments:

Letti said...

So cute. I love Yoda. I hear ya on all the rain. I am from Southern California too.

Traci said...

They are all so cute and hello you are a very good sketcher! I couldn't do that. After seeing Katie wearing her Shamu the other day I really want to try and make some for Sierra. thanks for the idea and I'll call you to sketch mine too! :)

Bobbi said...

Your sketches are soo cute--hidden talent? now we all know!

I wish my girls were more into hair clips... :(

Raechal said...

seriously!, I had no idea what a great artist you are! Those drawing are really good! and the clips turned out so cute, I remember seeing the sun in her hair at church on Sunday. I thought, I wonder where Jamie got that, its so cute! Way to go!!

Courtney N said...

Super cute! I love the Star Wars ones!

Anonymous said...

I like the felt push pins, you'll have to post a tutorial.

Cindy said...

Yes, I also noticed the sun clip in her hair on Sunday.

You DRAW too!??

Fun craft!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Of course you have cute push pins - why wouldn't you?

Marylynne said...

Oh my gosh, these are the cutest things. I can't believe you drew them yourself and didn't print them on the computer!