May 13, 2009

{ Guest Bath Redo }

I'm, finally, getting pictures up of the {almost} finished guest bathroom. Here is the before...

Remember, it all began when my sweet girl, Peanut, ripped off a piece of the red wallpaper.

My husband decided since we had to redo it, he wanted to get rid of the pedestal sink & get a cabinet for storage. We went to the Home Depot kitchen design center to order the cabinet. My hubby is 6'4" so he wanted it to be kitchen height. We couldn't agree on the finish. I wanted white, he wanted dark. We compromised. Here it is during...

Here's the after...

I found the rug at Home Goods. The cabinets have a dark glaze in the grooves. It's hard to tell in the pictures.

I've had this bird hook that I got from Target years ago. It works great for a towel holder.

I used the same mirror that was in there before. I like it even better now with the new cabinet. We got the granite counter top with sink attached at Home Depot also.

I got the light fixture from Lowe's. It was pretty cheap but, I like the simple look of it.

By the way, can you see the beadboard walls in my pass through laundry room? {click on picture to enlarge} The ceiling is beadboard too. I love it!

So I say almost done, because I still need to accessorize the two blank walls facing & to the left of the toilet. They look pretty bare right now.

My hubby & I painted, installed the cabinet, counter/sink, faucet & lighting fixture ourselves one long Saturday. It was fun to work on a project together but, it got me thinking that we should probably not go on the Amazing Race together...only kidding! :)

15 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

It's looking good. I just love all your choices. Wall color, light fixture color and vanity color. You two have done an amazing job.

Victoria said...

OMG...I would totally watch you guys if you went on Amazing Race. It would be AWESOME!!!!

Taryn said...

Awesome. I love the cabinet. I usually like the pedestals- but I really like it. Good work.

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

Oh, and the bathroom looks nice, too. I just can't stop thinking about you and Alan on the Amazing Race...oh, the drama...

Amber Filkins said...

It looks REALLY great Jamie!! I love the transformation. It's so serene. Love it!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a beautiful transformation! I LOVE what you did. I'm glad you kept the oval mirror...so pretty. And I clicked on the photo with the beadboard. So classy!!!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Ahhhh...it turned out so great! And I LOVE your comment about not going on the AMazing Race together. I feel ya on that one!

~Amanda

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

I think it looks great! I love the granite top and I also love, love Lowes!

Kasey said...

I love it! fab.u.lous!!!

AJ said...

I LOVE it Jamie! Everything about it! Especially the beadboard!!! I had to laugh about the Amazing Race comment;)

Cindy said...

It really turned out nice. Good job. And can I say: I JUST LOVE BEAD BOARD. I have it all over the cabin!!!!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

You renovated and you are still married!!! Way to compromise. It looks great.

Sharla said...

I really like the round mirror - where did you get it? Also, did you install the beadboard yourselves? I really want some, but am afraid because I can't visualize how it works with the trim at the bottom? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Gaia said...

Good job Girl!
It's really a brand new bathroom!