March 9, 2009

{ Where the heck have I been, anyway? }

Heavens! Where does the time go?!!! I have been pretty busy here with, oh, you know, just stuff that you don't really want to hear about. Every day I think, "I need to post or no one will ever come back to my blog." and then just can't seem to find the time, energy or topic to post about. Have you ever felt like that? There are so many wonderful bloggers out there who have something fun & creative to post about every day. I just can't keep up. But, thank you, to those who stick with me. Even when it seems I've fallen off the face of the earth. And speaking of those wonderful people...I was tagged by Amber at {aefilkins}.

Here are the rules of the game:

1. When you are tagged you are asked to list eight random facts about yourself and post them on your blog for visitors to enjoy.

2. Tag eight of your blogging friends and leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to join in the fun if they have the opportunity. (If not, that's okay. They can still enjoy the random facts everyone shares :) Be sure to list a link to your eight friends in your posting.

Here are my random facts:

  1. I am not a morning person.
  2. I am always cold. Especially, my nose & hands.
  3. I love my birthday! It's a day all about me. How can that be bad. {It's coming up next month, by the way :) }
  4. I hate movies & books with sad endings.
  5. Darn waffles! Love 'em!
  6. I love to laugh & I have a very loud laugh. I'm talking an open mouth, head thrown back kind of laugh. I try to keep it in control but, just can't seem to. It is embarrassing!
  7. I like to play cards & board games.
  8. It makes my day when someone laughs at one of my jokes.

And here are the people I tag, if they choose to accept the challenge. (:

  1. Carrie at Buzzings of a Queen Bee
  2. Kasey at Lola B's
  3. Ashley at Domestic Fashionista
  4. Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful
  5. AJ at A Work in Progress
  6. M.L. at House of Whimsey
  7. Joy at Joys of Home
  8. Bethie at Chic Junque

I was also given this lovely award from Caryl at The he{ART} of a Shopaholic.

So, sweet of her to include me in her top 10 favorite blogs. And here is my top 10 Fav's {other than the list above}...
whatever
Nesting Place
Just a Girl
c jane enjoy it
{ A }
A Soft Place to Land
Happy Life
The High Heeled Mama
The Lettered Cottage
the little things

There are so many wonderful blogs out there. Some on this list I have been following for quite a while & some I just found. But they are all wonderful! You really should go check them out!

And, finally, an idea is forming for our wallpaper-less guest bathroom. Thanks for the suggestions. They always help! I hope to get going on it soon.

8 comments:

Kasey said...

oh, what lovely blogs you picked, I do love them all as well.
I love seeing the "little" extra's about someone.
xoxo

Amber Filkins said...

Awwwww, thanks for the shout out! :) I was shocked when I saw my header in your post preview, lol. I like getting to know more about you, and I'd read whatever you write.

I feel THE.same.way about blogging. Sometimes I feel like blogging is a production line, and you must bust out with so many "quality" or "quota meeting" posts, or you just don't measure up. But I resist that theory.

I have to write about real life. So many blogs I read or come across have the feel of trying to live up to those expectations. I just feel like if you are real, honest, and yourself, that you will make real connections.

That's what I'm about. Ya know?? I don't expect my real life friends to have an update on a project every time I see them or catch up. I don't demand pictures and tutorials, lol. I just enjoy their company. Sometimes I am an ear, sometimes I talk too much. Sometimes we just laugh or shoot the breeze about every day life. That's what real friendships and real connections are about.

Hmmmm,.........you MAY be reading this on my blog soon. :)

But I would N-E-V-E-R stop reading your blog b/c you don't keep cranking out the project posts, lol.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Girl, thanks for the tag! I am hurting for decorating posts right now...so this will be a fun post for those people out there who are still actually reading! :) You rock!
Carrie

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Great blogs, great awards!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne Oliver said...

Love your list. I also have a loud, head back laugh...in fact I think I did it when I read your list:-)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Thank you very much for putting my name amongst all these impressive bloggers. I LOVED reading all the fun (and funny) things about you. I'm a hearty laugh-er too. Head back, mouth wide open...that's totally me!
My worst weakness as a blogger is getting around to the award and tag things, but please know how much I appreciate it!

Joy said...

Thanks so much for listing me with all of those wonderful bloggers you tagged. Although, I must admit to you that I am horrid at doing these tags. But please know that I REALLY appreciate you thinking of me (and linking to me too!)

I can so relate to your two comments about laughing! I, too, love someone who laughs at my jokes. And you can be my best friend if you can make me laugh. Speaking of laughs, people tell me all the time that they knew I was close by because they heard my laugh. (I hope that doesn't mean my laugh is one of those witchy cackles.)