January 28, 2009

{ One of My Projects }

Well, by not showing you my sewing projects for so long, I'm afraid that it is going to be a huge let down now that I'm finally getting around it. But, here we go... I really wanted to try making these adorable shirts that one of my favorite blogs, whatever, featured. She has really fun ideas & I couldn't resist trying out some of them. Here's my attempt...

What d'ya' think? It was so much fun & the girls love them! I'm sure I will be doing more of these. The idea for the curtains I made for Ms. Sassypants room also came from the same blog. I haven't wanted to show you her room because it isn't completely finished yet. My mom keeps telling me to just blog it already. I know she's right so I will try my darn hardest to show you the work in progress tomorrow.

Also, I thought I'd show you a few close-ups of my son's room. Just a few ideas. When it came to hanging his favorite posters I decided to do something a little different. See the Return of the Jedi poster? I bought a cheap, plastic poster frame, threw the black plastic frame parts out, drilled a hole through the Plexiglas & the cardboard that came with it on all four corners, & screwed it straight to the wall with nuts & screws.

Here's a closer picture below. I tried to find some good size screws so it would look a bit industrial.

His headboard, obviously, is a chain link fence gate. Super cheap from Lowe's.

I just set it on the bed frame & pushed the mattresses up tight against it. I did put some little chair pads on the backside where it makes contact with the wall so it wouldn't scratch it all up.

And here are a few tricks that I'm sure everyone is already wise to. I didn't want to use a bedskirt in his room so I covered up the box spring with a fitted sheet to make it look a little nicer.

And lastly, don't want to see that ugly pillow inside the pillowcase? Use two. Just put each pillowcase on the opposite way of each other. That's all folks. Let's talk more tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Very nice, Jamie!

~ Stacey ~ said...

I love the shirts they are adorable! I like the idea with the posters too, I think I will have to try that :)

Angie said...

Hey Jamie! I have been catchin up on ya! I put fitted sheets on our boxsprings, too...how funny you do the same! I LOVE the chair your sisters recovered...fabulous! I love your projects and think you are really talented..so don't be so hard on yourself!

Traci said...

Looks like you moved his room around too? I need to come over and see all you've been doing up close and personal... :)