November 3, 2008

{ Halloween Night }

We had a great Halloween. My sisters & I made taco soup for dinner with homemade breadsticks. Yum! We also made this really delicious appetizer.

Here's the recipe:

Cream Cheese Harvest Dip
Mix together & shape onto serving dish:
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
¼ cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/3 cup sweetened coconut

Layer in this order on top of cream cheese:
Apricot jam
Green onion (chopped)
Pecans (chopped)
Craisins (boil water-add craisins & boil for 5 minutes; drain)

Serve with crackers. (butter crackers are best!)

I know it sounds like a weird combination of food but try it. It is really good!

We also made some pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They were a hit.

This is what the living room looked like after the trick-or-treating was finished. You can't even see all of the candy that was under the pool table. Too, too much!

Our elementary school is asking the kids to bring their extra Halloween candy to send to the troops in Iraq. So last night I had my kids pick out 30 of their favorite candies to keep & I bagged up the rest to donate. They also wrote letters to the soldiers to go with it. I think it's a terrific idea.

4 comments:

AJ said...

Great idea about donating the candy. I feel ashamed that we just threw ours away:( I'm going to have to try that recipe. Sounds yummy!

Laurie Anne said...

What a great idea. We also ended up with way too much candy. Our local dentist was offering a candy buy back program. They were paying $2 a pound :0)

Karilyn Carreon said...

Hey Aunt Jamie! I got my blog up and somewhat running! heres the e-mail so you can invite me and i can see your blog! carreonjon@hotmail.com

Kasey said...

i want a cupcake!!