February 24, 2008

{ Getting Organized in the Kitchen }

I've had a problem with my recipes. I've tried to organize them a few times but never found a system that worked. Finally I figured it out. I typed up all the recipes that I like & use and threw the rest away! Phew! It felt so good. I now have five small binders in categories. Now if I need some dinner ideas when I'm planning my menu for the week, I pull out the Main Dish book & flip through it. And on the front page I have a list of dinners that don't really have a recipe like tacos or Bear Creek Tortilla Soup (which is a dry mix that you just add water to & is sooo good). This way I can remember all of my dinner options. I used to have such a hard time coming up with what to make and this has really helped in my quest to make home-cooked meals at least 5 times a week.





4 comments:

Trapp Family said...

Very cute blog!!! I can't wait to read all about your ideas...I love your home and all that you have done to decorate...so I will be stalking this blog for ideas. Great idea in the kitchen!!!

Cindy said...

Love it, Jamie. How long did it take you to do the different books? And they look so cute on your counter.

I'll be following this...

Rachel said...

Brilliant! I am really excited about this blog! I hope to learn a few things...keep the ideas coming!
I think the birds are good the way they are.

Brooke & Aaron said...

Jamie, it's Brooke. I stumbled upon your blog the other day and now you're bookmarked in my favorites! I love the recipe books. Since the dessert book is out, does that mean you use that one the most? :) That's my favorite part of dinner. :) I don't know how you found time to do the recipe books when you have four busy kids running around. You're amazing!